Experienced Lawyers Providing Trusted Advice

The Right Entity Formation For Your Business

Starting out with the wrong organizational structure or poorly drafted organizational documents can put a real crimp in a new entity’s ability to perform. The business lawyers at Berdon, Young & Margolis, PC, in the New Haven metro, serving Connecticut businesses, are pleased to help newborn companies choose the right legal format and to prepare customized legal documents for long-term success.

Different entities approach taxation, record keeping and legal liability in very different ways. We explain the advantages and disadvantages of numerous entity choices, including:

  • Corporations
  • S corporations
  • LLCs
  • Partnerships
  • LLPs
  • Sole proprietorships

We also work with nonprofits in the early going, assisting with tax exemption applications.

Formation Consulting For Connecticut Startups

In choosing the business structure, we ask the essential questions:

  • Who are the owners?
  • Who will be the members and managers?
  • Who will be the directors?
  • How will the business be capitalized or funded?
  • What is the businesses succession plan?
  • What limits are the business’s risks?
  • Where and how will you be doing business?
  • What happens if there is a dispute among the principals?

Consulting with our lawyers on incorporation and other formational strategies is not an abstract, legalistic exercise. At Berdon, Young & Margolis, PC, we are businesspeople ourselves. We live every day under these rules, and we know what works and what is and is not right for your business concept.

Many of our clients came to us in the early stages of starting up a business, and years later we still team up with them, addressing legal issues that come up in the course of operations. We can even assist in resolving business succession and dissolution issues.

Let’s meet and discuss a business formation strategy that addresses your future needs. Call our business lawyers at our Greater New Haven area offices at 203-772-8414, or ask our attorneys questions using this online form.